Joaquin Palomino is a print and radio reporter, with an emphasis on long-form and investigative journalism. He primarily covers California's criminal justice system. He has a BA from UC Santa Cruz in community studies/social documentation. He is currently pursuing a master’s degree in journalism at UC Berkeley. Along with regularly contributing to the East Bay Express, a weekly newspaper based out of Oakland, he also has produced radio segments for a number of NPR affiliate stations and nationally distributed NPR shows. In 2013 he was part of a group of reporters that won a Greater Bay Area Journalism Award from the Peninsula Press Club for their coverage of the Oakland Police Department. In 2012 he received a community achievement award from the Oakland based non-profit PUEBLO for his reporting.
- The Tale of Two Cities podcast: HookedPosted
- Tale of Two Cities Podcast: Love and HeartbreakPosted
- Researchers team up to solve a ‘50-year old murder mystery’: What’s killing sharks in the...Posted
- Tales of Two Cities Podcast: Play & Self-CarePosted
- At Deja Vu Salon in Richmond, braiding allows women go ‘back to the basics’Posted