Tofu Potato Salad
on November 22, 2011
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise (vegan mayo)
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1 sprig of dill
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until tender (about 12 minutes). Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Cover potatoes in vinegar and dill. When cool, cover and place in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 300. Cut tofu into small cubes (about 1/2 inch), and place on a cookie tray. Pour olive oil and soy sauce over tofu and bake for 30 minutes. Let tofu cool to room temp.
- Once the potatoes are chilled, drain excess vinegar. Add baked tofu, Vegenaise, mustard, dill, red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Stir just enough to combine.
Source: Wendi Jonassen and family|
All the Recipes
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.