on November 22, 2011
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 red, green, or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- grated zest of one orange
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Place a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Stir in the cumin, ginger, cloves, cayenne, cardamom, coriander, and allspice. Gently toast until fragrant (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in oil and onion, cook until softened. Stir in bell pepper and zucchini; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, salt, zest, and garbanzos.
- Pour in the chicken broth and orange juice; turn heat to high and bring to a boil. When mixture is boiling, stir in couscous and remove from heat; cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, and fold in chopped mint.
Source: www.allrecipes.com. Recommended by Hasan Dudar.|
All the Recipes
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to email@example.com.