Julia Chan is an Emmy-nominated journalist now in her first year at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. She is part of the Richmond Confidential reporting team. Chan comes to California after working several years as a producer at WJRT-TV, the ABC affiliate based in her hometown, Flint, Michigan. She graduated from the University of Michigan with high distinction in 2008. In the spring of 2010, Chan was nominated for a Michigan Emmy Award for producing special live coverage of Mark Ingram’s Heisman Trophy win. She was awarded the Trustees Scholarship from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in 2004. Her work has also won top honors from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association and the Michigan Association of Broadcasters Foundation, among others. Chan is a member of the Asian American Journalists Association.
- The Tale of Two Cities podcast: HookedPosted
- Tale of Two Cities Podcast: Love and HeartbreakPosted
- Researchers team up to solve a ‘50-year old murder mystery’: What’s killing sharks in the...Posted
- Tales of Two Cities Podcast: Play & Self-CarePosted
- At Deja Vu Salon in Richmond, braiding allows women go ‘back to the basics’Posted