BART’s closed, how are you getting home?
on July 2, 2013
Need to know how you’re getting home tonight because of the BART strike? Check out these resources to help you plan:
– For people in San Francisco, Muni offers a list of alternatives here.
From El Cerrito del Norte, Walnut Creek, Dublin/ Pleasanton and Fremont
From West Oakland Station to San Francisco from 5 to 9 a.m. and back from a stop near the San Francisco Transbay Terminal from 3 to 7 p.m.
– For the AC Transit schedule, click here.
– RidePal is offering free shuttle service to cross the Bay starting at 4 p.m. today. The shuttle will go from the Lakeshore/Grand carpooling pick-up spot at 533 Lake Park Avenue to the San Francisco TransBay Terminal.
– Taxi alternatives include car sharing apps such as SideCar, Lyft and Uber. According to SideCar spokesperson Rachael King, the company has increased its number of drivers by 25 percent compared with last Tuesday.
– Need to drive across the Bay? Check live traffic here.
– Want more live coverage of day 2 of the BART strike? Click here.
Stay calm out there, and be sure to send in photos and tips.
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to email@example.com.
Its amazing, loging at the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you provide. I’ll bookmark your blog and visit it weekly for your new posts.