on November 23, 2010
- 1 loaf of good quality grain bread
- 1 jar green olive tapenade
- 8 oz. imported camembert cheese
- 1 and 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsps Moroccan spice mix (see below)
- 2/3 lb carrots (about 3 medium) grated
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
Moroccan spice mix:
- Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, and spice mix in a large bowl.
- Blanch carrots in hot water 30 seconds until crisp tender.
- Drain well and toss immediately with dressing. Marinate covered and chilled at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Take each slice of bread and roll out thin.
- Cut with a 1 and 1/2″ round cookie cutter.
- Fit each piece into a mini muffin pan and bake at 300 for 5 minutes until crisp. (May be done ahead. OR you can use pre-made mini quiche pastry cups.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill each cup with a small cut of camembert and 1/2 tsp of olive tepenade.
- Bake at 350 approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with a small amount of carrots.
Makes approximately 48.
Want to share your own recipe? Email it to email@example.com with the subject “Richmond Cooks”. Don’t forget a title, ingredients, directions, serving size, and a little about how the recipe came to you. Bon Apetit!
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.