Mini pumpkin tarts
on November 23, 2010
- 3 packages (15 per package) frozen mini phyllo pastry shells
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 cups (plus extra for garnish) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon (plus extra for garnish) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 3.4 oz. packed cheesecake-flavored instant pudding and pie filling (use vanilla if you can’t find this)
- mint leaves for garnish
- Remove shells from wrapper and allow to thaw 15 minutes.
- Combine pumpkin, whipped topping and spice in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Spoon or pipe about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each shell.
- Top with whipped topping, sprinkle of spice and a mint leaf.
Want to share your own recipe? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Richmond Cooks”. Don’t forget a title, ingredients, directions, serving size, and a little about how the recipe came to you. Bon Apetit!
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to email@example.com.