Tyler Orsburn is an award winning photojournalist born and raised in western Kentucky. His work has received state and national recognition and has been published in various newspapers throughout the country. Prior to becoming a photojournalist Tyler obtained his biology degree from the University of Kentucky and became a field research assistant studying tropical fish in Costa Rica and Panama. Soon there after he was accepted as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer and worked in the Philippines as a natural resource conservation educator. Fulfilled with his service experiences Tyler enlisted in the U.S. Navy and was trained to become a photographer. Upon honorable discharge he enrolled at Western Kentucky University to study photojournalism. As a student he took pictures for the university’s sports information office and was the sports editor for the school’s yearbook.
- The Tale of Two Cities podcast: HookedPosted
- Tale of Two Cities Podcast: Love and HeartbreakPosted
- Researchers team up to solve a ‘50-year old murder mystery’: What’s killing sharks in the...Posted
- Tales of Two Cities Podcast: Play & Self-CarePosted
- At Deja Vu Salon in Richmond, braiding allows women go ‘back to the basics’Posted