Sweet Potato Pie
on November 22, 2011
- 3 frozen, unbaked 8- or 9- inch single-crust pie shells
- 4 pounds uncooked and unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup pure finely granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)>
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Hand wash sweet potatoes. Boil until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Peeling and mash potatoes. Blend in mixing bowl with a blender to remove strings.
- When potatoes are ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream softened butter with white and brown sugars. Mix in blended sweet potatoes and continue to mix while adding the eggs one at a time. Mix in milk, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour mixture evenly into pie shells. Bake on center rack of for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Source: soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com. Recommended by Robert Rogers.|
All the Recipes
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.