on November 23, 2010
Brickyard’s most famous pot-luck dish, no pot-luck was ever complete without these, and there was never enough to satisfy all the guests. The recipe that inspired the Brickyard Cove Cookbook!
- 1 1/2 cup Alber’s Quick Grits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb margarine
- 1 small can Ortega chopped green chilies
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups water
- 1 handful chopped green onions
- 1 lb Velveeta Mild Mexican
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (amount up to chef’s personal taste)
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease large casserole dish.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Add grits and salt.
- Stir about 5 minutes until done and remove from stove
- Mix in margarine, onion and Velveeta.
- Add spices and chilies (to taste).
- Pour into casserole dish and bake 1 and 1/2 hours.
Want to share your own recipe? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Richmond Cooks”. Don’t forget a title, ingredients, directions, serving size, and a little about how the recipe came to you. Bon Apetit!
Richmond Confidential welcomes comments from our readers, but we ask users to keep all discussion civil and on-topic. Comments post automatically without review from our staff, but we reserve the right to delete material that is libelous, a personal attack, or spam. We request that commenters consistently use the same login name. Comments from the same user posted under multiple aliases may be deleted. Richmond Confidential assumes no liability for comments posted to the site and no endorsement is implied; commenters are solely responsible for their own content.
Richmond Confidential is an online news service produced by the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism for, and about, the people of Richmond, California. Our goal is to produce professional and engaging journalism that is useful for the citizens of the city.
Please send news tips to email@example.com.