Sara Lafleur-Vetter is a multimedia journalist with a passion for telling stories of the underdog and the underbelly of society. As a photographer, writer, and radio journalist, she’s covered everything from social orphans in Russia to foreclosure and spoken word poetry here in the East Bay. A graduate of Reed College, she holds an interdisciplinary degree in Anthropology and Russian. She began her journalism career in St. Petersburg, Russia, where she documented local NGOs including an organization for the homeless, a kid circus aimed to keep children off the streets, and an institution for the mentally and physically disabled. Afterwards, she lived in Luxor, Egypt documenting ancient temple blocks for the American Research Center in Egypt. Most recently, she worked as a radio producer for KPFA Radio in Berkeley, California. Her work has appeared in CNN Traveler Magazine, The St. Petersburg Times, Fodor's Travel Guide, San Francisco Magazine, and the East Bay Express.
- The Tale of Two Cities podcast: HookedPosted
- Tale of Two Cities Podcast: Love and HeartbreakPosted
- Researchers team up to solve a ‘50-year old murder mystery’: What’s killing sharks in the...Posted
- Tales of Two Cities Podcast: Play & Self-CarePosted
- At Deja Vu Salon in Richmond, braiding allows women go ‘back to the basics’Posted