Zou Le (Leo) is a graduate student at Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. He had previously worked at China’s national newspaper Global Times as a full-time reporter for three years, covering breaking news and at the same time digging up his own scoops. His exclusive story about hacked iTunes accounts being auctioned on Chinese online store were cited by various international media including AFP, USA today and FT. He has traveled across China to uncover inequality faced by herders in Tibetan region of west China’s Qinghai province, report on difficulties of residents who were forced to relocate to make way for a massive water diversion project as well as the job discrimination faced by AIDS patients in Tianjian. Before joining Global Times, He was also a junior editor at a nationally-circulated student newspaper 21st Century, where he edited pages, wrote stories and maintained the paper’s social media. Zou Le has a master degree in English from University of Gdansk in Poland and a bachelor degree from Gansu Political Science and Law University.
- The Tale of Two Cities podcast: HookedPosted
- Tale of Two Cities Podcast: Love and HeartbreakPosted
- Researchers team up to solve a ‘50-year old murder mystery’: What’s killing sharks in the...Posted
- Tales of Two Cities Podcast: Play & Self-CarePosted
- At Deja Vu Salon in Richmond, braiding allows women go ‘back to the basics’Posted