- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise (vegan mayo)
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1 sprig of dill
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until tender (about 12 minutes). Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Cover potatoes in vinegar and dill. When cool, cover and place in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 300. Cut tofu into small cubes (about 1/2 inch), and place on a cookie tray. Pour olive oil and soy sauce over tofu and bake for 30 minutes. Let tofu cool to room temp.
- Once the potatoes are chilled, drain excess vinegar. Add baked tofu, Vegenaise, mustard, dill, red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Stir just enough to combine.
Source: Wendi Jonassen and family