- A good slice of beef, cut thin (no more than 1/4 inch) and in slices about the size of a chicken cutlet.
- Parmesan cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Parsley, chopped
- Pinole or pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Garlic, chopped
- 2-4 cans imported Italian tomatoes with basil, between chopped and pureed
- Lay out slices of beef and douse with parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley and pine nuts.
- Roll up meet and use a toothpick to hold it together.
- In a big pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic (lots of it!) and brown garlic without burning it.
- Brown meat in the hot oil.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and dried basil.
- Cover and simmer for at least three hours. Serve alongside pasta with sauce.
Source: Bob Calo, an Italian. Mangiare!