Hotel Mac Restaurant and Bar is celebrating 100 years of business, since its original opening in 1911.
First built to serve Standard Oil workers in the early twentieth century, Hotel Mac, then called the Colonial Hotel, was a supreme dining establishment. After a mid-century decline and a fire that destroyed the building in 1971, the restaurant was rebuilt by current owners Bill Burnett and Griff Brazil in 1978.
Now restored to its original splendor, Hotel Mac hosts a typically professional clientele in Point Richmond. According to Burnett, many of his customers do business right in the restaurant.
Read more about Hotel Mac and see a full menu on its website.
Voices of Hotel Mac
Richard Davis (left) and John Knox (right) meet weekly for lunch at the Hotel Mac.
Chamber of Commerce President Judy Morgan (right) makes it a working lunch.
Out-of-Towner Karen McDonald keeps coming back for the food.
Dave Arroyo likes his eateries old school.